I Heart Jeremy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indroduction of New Members

2 posters

Go down

Indroduction of New Members Empty Indroduction of New Members

Post  DebraRatt Fri May 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Debra (Deb for short). I live (not in, but) near the city of Ft Worth, Texas in the U.S.

I'm happy to see Marriela here. I hope that we can spark some chat about Mr. Jeremy Northam. Wink And a few others that I can think of...

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Indroduction of New Members Empty Re: Indroduction of New Members

Post  Marriela Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 pm

DebraRatt wrote:I'm happy to see Marriela here. I hope that we can spark some chat about Mr. Jeremy Northam. Wink And a few others that I can think of...
Thanks, Deb :-)
I hope that we can spark some chat about Mr. Jeremy Northam, too... But so far I have little doubt of it, perhaps because in recent years Jeremy does not have many roles, perhaps because his fans prefer to read to him than to write and perhaps because there are and other sites for Jeremy...

P.S.
I'm Mariela and I'm from a small country in Southeastern Europe.
I found Jeremy a year ago in The Tudors and since then he is most interesting to me in my free time. I am sure I've read all about him on the Internet, I've seen about 35 of his films and I hope to see in the future many new and yet good films with his participation Very Happy

Marriela

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Indroduction of New Members Empty Introduction New Members

Post  DebraRatt Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

I agree. But I guess that I would prefer to comment here rather than on FB or a few of the other forums/chat rooms. The older web site is quite enjoyable. They have the largest archive of reviews and JN reading materials (that I've seen).

But it seems that the newer sites are generally limited to the same few people monopolizing the boards and in turn it leaves only those few adding anything new. I simply grew tired of the "all-around" atmosphere.

It's OK for those few...I suppose. But after they turned off my forum features (for no apparent reason)...I lost interest in posting. Very Happy
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Tue May 22, 2012 10:04 am

DebraRatt wrote:The older web site is quite enjoyable. They have the largest archive of reviews and JN reading materials (that I've seen).
I saw that in the Jeremy Northam Yahoo Mailing List there were posted some links for JN fan sites, but they are no longer available :-(

DebraRatt wrote:But it seems that the newer sites are generally limited to the same few people monopolizing the boards and in turn it leaves only those few adding anything new. I simply grew tired of the "all-around" atmosphere.

I understand you, I feel the same - not only about monopolizing and because of too senseless restrictions as to what to write. I think some people in their overzealousness just lost measure. In my country a long time there was totalitarianism - no freedom of speech. I know how bad it is to prohibit you to express yourself freely. I think that in a democratic forum only insults, gossip and slander have to be banned.

DebraRatt wrote:It's OK for those few...I suppose. But after they turned off my forum features (for no apparent reason)...I lost interest in posting. Very Happy
Of course, me too and not only :-(

Marriela

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Indroduction of New Members Empty Indroduction of New Members

Post  DebraRatt Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 am

I have never been on a fan forum where my privileges were revoked (until now).
We are very free here in our country to speak our opinions and to contact each other (if/when necessary).

It was disturbing on so many levels.

I just chalk it up to "live and learn". Very Happy

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: