I Heart Jeremy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery

3 posters

Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 am

Post your favorite photos .
CANNES wearing the blue shirt

Last edited by DebraRatt on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty My loved Jeremy's pics

Post  Marriela Thu May 24, 2012 4:37 am

JN Photo #1 JN Photo #2

JN Photo #3 JN Photo #4

JN Photo #5 JN Photo #6

JN Photo #7 JN Photo #8

JN Photo #9 JN Photo #10

JN Photo #11 JN Photo #12

JN Photo #13 JN Photo #14

JN Photo #15 JN Photo #16

JN Photo #17 JN Photo #18

JN Photo #19

<3

Last edited by Marriela on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 am; edited 5 times in total

Marriela

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Re: Gallery

Post  anlu Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

DebraRatt, i LOVE your profile picture!!! Can i see it more larger? Thank you in advance :-)

anlu

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Tue May 29, 2012 8:12 am

this one?

Last edited by DebraRatt on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

Here in this site - Rex Features - there is the profile photo of Deb, as there are a whole series of them.
Use the opportunity to share: I think that these glasses with thick black frames make Jeremy to look older :-/

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Tue May 29, 2012 9:54 am

I agree. And now (it seems) he doesn't mind posing for photos wearing them. Funny how our perceptions change as we age a little more.
Did you notice that he wore them in most of the stage door photos taken during HAY FEVER?

I saw him (up close) at the Noel Coward and his skin is very nice. Smokers usually don't have very nice skin. I wish that I knew his moisturizing secret.
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Tue May 29, 2012 10:22 am

Yes, I noticed!
I saw some Jeremy's pics, taken at the stage door, and I also think that his skin is very nice.
Jeremy's face skin and look seem young for his age and because of that I really don't understand why he wears glasses with frames, which make him to seem older Shocked
I wonder if anyone among his close people thought the same way and if so whether this one has been shared with Jeremy it and whether in fact Jeremy do target just that - to look older, perhaps because at the moment he is feeling himself in that way - old and tired??? I do not want to believe it is so!

Last edited by Marriela on Wed May 30, 2012 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Tue May 29, 2012 1:45 pm

OH MARRIELA!!!!!!

Your last comment made me laugh out loud.

No. I don't believe for one minute that he is feeling that way ("old and tired"). Very Happy

On the contrary. I believe that he simply feels comfortable with being who he is.

I am just a couple years older than he is and I can tell you from (my own) personal experience that there comes a time when you face your own mortality. You simply throw off any sense of insecurity (worrying) about the opinions of others. I guess you realize that it takes too much energy and you just don't feel like wasting the effort by doing so.

Maybe I'm over thinking this? I hope it makes sense to you?

I just think that he's comfortable being "himself". Glasses and all.

BTW - I still take mine off when I'm standing close (and speaking) to someone, I only need them to see distance. I don't like wearing them at all.
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 am

OK, Deb!
May be Jeremy has ceased to be vain Wink

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Wed May 30, 2012 3:35 am

Marriela wrote:OK, Deb!
May be Jeremy has ceased to be vain Wink

I wasn't going there....but since you did. I think that maybe he has cranked "vain" ("vanity") down a few notches.

But then how can you not become vain when the media was constantly printing how drop dead gorgeous that you were? (I'm talking about late 90's early 2000's). He is still very attractive, but (in my opinion) a younger group of actors now monopolizes the media. It happens every generation in that sort of business.

Last edited by DebraRatt on Wed May 30, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 am

As you say, it is important Jeremy to feel comfortable with yourself. And the people, who value him for itself - as a person and as an actor - they will respect his choice Cool

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Post  DebraRatt Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 am

So right you are - Marriela. It must be satisfying for an actor to know that people are looking more at their "talent" and not at the "package" that the talent is wrapped in. We've seen a few performances lately where we have had to scratch our heads and wonder why certain actors were awarded the roles (in the first place)? Just because they look great on screen doesn't necessarily give them " acting talent". It's become more of a popularity issue (rather than a qualification one).

I could list names....but I won't stir the pot.

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 am

DebraRatt wrote:So right you are - Marriela. It must be satisfying for an actor to know that people are looking more at their "talent" and not at the "package" that the talent is wrapped in. We've seen a few performances lately where we have had to scratch our heads and wonder why certain actors were awarded the roles (in the first place)? Just because they look great on screen doesn't necessarily give them " acting talent". It's become more of a popularity issue (rather than a qualification one).

I could list names....but I won't stir the pot.
Oh, Deb, this is a very nasty theme with these movie awards!
I wrote several times my opinion for them at some Jeremy's fan sites! But I think the people, who love the movie so much as art, don't attach great importance to these awards, because they know how they are dealt. I'm very glad that in the literature and the music there is a great normalcy in the attitudes to the awards and the review of critics - the book fans and the melomans do not care about them at all, only in the cinema many people continue to be a slave to these awards, perhaps because the media make big fuss about them and impose them on their readers, viewers and listeners! Whether the media is not doing this because it's just big business - thus they make a great advertisement for certain films and because the fashion business is an very important part of these awards?
Yesterday I wrote one opinion about this awards, prompted by a post in JNChat - you know that I rarely write there, but I really wanted to share my opinion, I will quote here:
Since May last year, when I discovered Jeremy as an actor in the Tudors, I tried to find all about him on the Internet. What impressed me was that he never has been nominated for a BAFTA Award. This surprised me, but only partly - because there are many instances, when performances, which were not great, have been nominated, and other - gteat performances have been overlooked – ultimately, in such awards there are many policy and backdoor games, and for me it is somewhat happy that Jeremy is not part of them. But what most surprised me is that I never have seen even a picture of Jeremy as guest at any of the ceremony of these awards, although one of the films, in which he participated, was nominated for several BAFTA awards - Gosford Park: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280707/awards
In February this year, when it was the this year's edition of BAFTA, I remember that G. wrote that maybe Jeremy will be guest of the ceremony. I think J. later posted a reply, copied from somewhere, that Jeremy never has been a guest at this awards. I was hoping to find those posts here, but I did not find them, so if anything I'm in wrong, please – excuse me.
If Jeremy not only he never has been nominated for BAFTA - for film or TV, but he never even has been a guest of any of the ceremonies, I think it is very strange, because these awards are the British and Jeremy is one of the most famous British actors. I guess in this case there is any problem - maybe there are people among the organizers who do not love Jeremy because of any reason!

P.S.
I've seen pictures of Jeremy's Oscar party in 1999 and 2002, his photos from Cannes, the Venice, but not by BAFTA !
------------
For me, the film awards Oscar and especially both Golden Globes and BAFTA in determining of their nominees are as "interconnected vessels" - much influence each other, the discrepancies usually are are quite small...

Deb, have you ever seen a picture of Jeremy from any of the BAFTA ceremonies?
Do you have any information if he had ever been of their ceremonies as a guest? Because I conclude that - it may be wrong, that Jeremy never has been a guest there, even when Gosford Park was nominated for some of their awards? If my conclusion is true, I think it is shameful!

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Wed May 30, 2012 10:04 am

I have no recollection of him at the Baftas (Motion Picture or Television). There was an award ceremony that he was a presenter at a few years ago. It was the 2008 BIFA (British Independent Film Awards). It was on YouTube for a short time. It may still be there?

The thing about the BAFTAS is that they are kept relatively low key in comparison to an American Award Show such as the OSCARS (speaking of the BAFTAS - I'm referring to their media and internet coverage - specifically). Americans tend to go a bit "over the top" when it comes to AWARD SHOWS. American fans tend to archive them better and share a lot of the information on various data bases/blog sites a little better than the Brits do - I think.

It's hard to explain, but I believe that it's strictly a "cultural" thing. The Movie/Entertainment business is a big deal in the U.S.

I nearly fell over when BBCA actually showed the BAFTA RED CARPET arrivals this year. In general, I'm not a big fan of red carpet interviews unless the actors actually are asked to discuss their film(s). To sit and watch people talk about which designer created their dress/tux is a waste of time (IMO). Mad

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 am

I remember this video - Jeremy (he was with glasses) announced and presented one of the awards, but it certainly wasn't at BAFTA, it was or at BFI, or at Evening Standard British Film Awards or at London Critics Circle Film Awards!

I feel no respect for Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA awards! They are like triplets.
I do not believe them at all. There is so much injustice in them!

I could be wrong, but I think that for many Americans the cinema is only entertainment, not AND art!
For me, In Hollywood the most important is appearance, the good actors aren't majority!
In Hollywood there are many stars (good appearance and little talent) and few good actors!
In my country the media very aggressive impose this awards Oscar!
For The Europe cinema the most important thing is the talent!

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

No worries Marriela. You are not alone in your assessment of award shows.

I have friends who live in California (in the Los Angeles area) and I can tell you that it is like a "different world" to me when I visit.

I've found this to be true (pretty much) nation-wide. Every area has it's distinct differences. But there is just something so different about the focus placed on physical appearance in (and around) the L.A. area.

So imagine this multiplied by an industry that places so much emphasis on it. They have created this shallow machine and put it under the category of (as you call it) ENTERTAINMENT. Maybe they should have two award ceremonies? One for actors with box office appeal and one for the actors who REALLY have talent? Very Happy

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 am

DebraRatt wrote:So imagine this multiplied by an industry that places so much emphasis on it. They have created this shallow machine and put it under the category of (as you call it) ENTERTAINMENT. Maybe they should have two award ceremonies? One for actors with box office appeal and one for the actors who REALLY have talent? Very Happy
Wow, this would be a great solution Very Happy
Thereby some actors as Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, for example, would receive their Oscars like actors with box-office (GClooney and like a big activist of the Democratic Party (some of the bosses of major film studios in Hollywood are among the biggest donors to the campaigns of presidential candidates of this party, which I think it is important)), and the Hollywood actors like Johnny Depp and Glenn Close will finally get their long deserved, but not yet rewarded Oscars for their great talent!

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Gallery Empty Gallery

Post  DebraRatt Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:23 am

I cropped this one. I love the smile.

User Posted Image

(click on image to enlarge)
DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  DebraRatt Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:12 am

From the Miami Medical Press Session (click on image to enlarge):

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

DebraRatt
DebraRatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Marriela Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 am

Nice pictures, Deb... Only these glasses with thick black frames of Jeremy, I can not like him with them No

My fav Jeremy's "Miami Trauma" pics Cool :

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

P.S.
Parenthetically,
I think 'House M.D.', 'ER' (the first seasons) and 'Miami Medical' are the best American medical series that I've ever seen. Miami Medical - it was nice to continue with another or two seasons, no more (I do not like a sеries to have many seasons - it's not good for themselves actors, I think)... But I understand that recently not a few good American serials are stopped after the first season, unlike reality formats or not so good shows like Grey's Anatomy, for example... Why?! Perhaps Americans evaluating the good series and movies are becoming less Idea

Marriela

Back to top Go down

Post  DebraRatt Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:11 am

From the Kensal Library Blog:

Save Kensal Library #1

Save Kensal Library # 2
DebraRatt
DebraRatt